Today I just feel like sending a little bit of inspiration your way. Maybe you are having a bad day, a co-worker or family member has hurt you or you could use these words to help someone else who is having a less than perfect day. No matter what your situation it always helps to hear that you are not alone. Every one of us experience emotions of hurt, depression, loneliness, etc. It’s how we deal with those feelings and our ability to keep shining that sets us apart.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when your world begins to turn upside down.
- You are not alone. No matter how alone you may feel you must look past your emotions and negative feelings to see who is there for you. There may be someone ready to talk to you or give you a hug. They may not want to bother you but, they are waiting for you to reach out to them. Who is that person? Find them.
- Read. I know it may sound silly but, reading positive thoughts and messages can really brighten your day. Reading inspiring messages will remind you of how blessed you truly are. Google inspiring messages or better yet pick up your bible. Start with Deuteronomy 31:6.
- Count your blessings. Your Mommy always said that there are a lot of other people a lot worse off than you, she was right. Take a pen and paper and write down every blessing that you have. You will be amazed at what you have going for you. If you have eyes to read this blog, that is a blessing! If you have hands to type a comment, that is a blessing! Things you take for granted everyday are not promised to you, be thankful for them.
- Do something for someone else. There is no way to describe the joy you receive by doing something completely unexpected for someone else. “One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty.” Proverbs 11:24 This does not mean you have to give money… give yourself. By giving a little piece of yourself you will gain a piece of yourself that you never knew existed. If you do not give of yourself you will lose more and more. So bless yourself by blessing someone else. (Read my experience here http://bitly.com/qUZsqk)
- Stop feeling sorry for yourself! That’s right, I said stop feeling sorry for yourself! It’s called tough love and you (or your friend) may need it. If your feelings were hurt by someone else ask yourself this… “Did they really try to hurt my feelings or did I set myself up for hurt?” Sometimes we set ourselves up for hurt and don’t even realize it. Even more common is how we tend to exaggerate our own hurt and problems into something they really shouldn’t be. On the other hand, maybe someone did deliberately hurt you. Forgive them, they will hate that! Do something nice for them or someone else and go to bed at night feeling proud about how you can overcome the hurt and selfishness of this world.
You can do this! You can overcome! Don’t let anyone stop you! I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13 Now go out there and take on the world, it is what you were meant to do.
How do you deal with hurt and depression? Don’t keep the secrets to yourself… post a comment and help someone today.
Photo Credit: brandreadymedia.com